Get fast and convenient access to a nationwide network of licensed physicians for minor medical problems and health issues. The physicians can diagnose many common nonemergency conditions and prescribe medication when medically appropriate.
In an effort to assist our members to become more informed about their healthcare, the Association is pleased to offer a telephone service that allows members to ask questions and receive information about their health, illnesses and medications.
Members have unlimited access to registered nurses via a toll-free number 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. These nurses are specially trained to offer prompt, confidential medical counseling to help members make informed decisions about their health and the medical care they receive. However, our nurses do not diagnose or provide treatment.
The services include:
- Toll-free, confidential availability to registered nurses 24 hours a day.
- Guidance and information for dealing with common ailments.
- Explanations on what to expect during a medical test.
- Help from a registered nurse who can answer questions regarding:
- Diagnostic and surgical procedures
- A recently diagnosed medical condition
- Prescription and over-the-counter medication information.
- After speaking with a nurse, access to information pieces on various health conditions can be provided via email or mail.
The Nurse Helpline is provided for health information only. The Nurse Helpline is not a substitute for regular physical examinations or medical treatment visits and is not meant to replace the customary physician-patient relationship. Callers are encouraged to consult with their physician about any health conditions or concerns.